Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kat from spider-wd021.proxy.aol.com on October 03, 1998 at 14:35:39:

In Reply to: Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list posted by J.J. on July 30, 1998 at 12:57:45:

First of all, you have no idea what you are talking about! You were not there. Second of all, if you would give the movie a chance, you would realize that you got the wrong impression! It is about 4 brothers that go in the war. The military, or army, or air force, or navy are not suppose to take all of the sons. They are suppose to leave one to take care of the parents, and to carry on the family name. In this movie 3 of the brothers are killed, and the head honcho realizes that they put all 4 sons in the war. So he send some of his best guys to find Private Ryan. I can't belive you actually think you know what you are talking about! My grandfather was also in WWII and you know what , you say this movie is to violent, honey it doesn't even come close to what our guys saw! When my grandfather came back he turned into an alcoholic, and later committed suicide, so before you go running you mouth like an idiot, find out what you are really talking about!
Now on to the next subject, Titanic I loved Titanic, I have been obsessed with Titanic since I was about 5 years old. Just in case you didn't know, the love story was fiction - NOT A TRUE STORY! The rest of the movie was - about the ship sinking yes, but the love story no! So what does that tell you - your whole family is evidently living in a fantisy world so shut up!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]