I'm a bonehead - that last part refers to goat NOT LAMB! I need coffee... Cheers! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from falcon.goamerica.net on March 24, 2001 at 10:47:58:

In Reply to: I'd have to agree with my friend... posted by Patterson on March 24, 2001 at 10:43:58:

: The lamb will probably meet the needs/expectations of more fans than not. My preference for the goat stems from two personal things: 1.) the desire to be able to put this in harms way, ala camping/hiking/chasing a 3 and 8 year old whenever we may travel, and 2.) the absolutely erie resemblance in color and grain this has to a jacket I saw in the flesh - you get some hints of that throughout scenes in Raiders, but how does one communicate that to others who were not there?

: If you're going to wear your jackets casually and cherish them by protecting them from that much-talked-about nailhead - lamb is for you. If your definition of cherish is to wear it, and wear it, and wear it, and to put it through a life that will result in having a jacket in 1, 5, 10, 20, 30 years that looks more and more "Indyish", then I'd say go for lamb. I've never been one to take sandpaper to a jacket, but I have taken my share of spills on loose soil and rock on backcountry hikes. Now THAT will add character to a jacket - and black and blue to one's backside.

: IMHO

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: