New Wested Raider's - Nice stuff!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Heltsley from cx578781-b.escnd1.sdca.home.com on March 24, 2001 at 14:53:48:

Just thought I'd let you all know about this. I (re)ordered a Wested in January, and just received it today. I'm not complaining about the wait time (Especially since they didn't start making it until Monday, 3/19.) - it's worth it, IMHO.

However, I did ask for the following things on my jacket:
- Gussets
- Leather facings inside collar
- Interior pocket flush with the zipper (so the front of the jacket doesn't "flap" out.)
- New, fixed pleats
- New side straps

This jacket is unbelievable! The first thing I noticed, when I pulled it out of the box was that it was heavier than my last Raiders. It seems that Peter is now using a new kind of leather for the lambskin jackets. I'd say that it's very close to what Flightsuits uses for their lamb; However, don't hold me to that - I only saw the Flighsuits once, about 4 months ago, and my memory isn't all that it should be. :)

However, the jacket does seem like it's certainly a tougher material. The side straps are up higher, and they seem to be put on a little better. The pleats work! OMFG! :) They look great, just as they are supposed to. The workmanship on this jacket has left me bereft of any other terms to use. It certainly doesn't make me regret purchasing a Wested instead of a Flightsuits.

I'll try to get some pics taken, but I don't have a digital camera or scanner, so it may be a while.

- John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]