Re: The Webleys used in "Last Crusade".

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curious from 1Cust48.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on March 24, 2001 at 15:47:39:

In Reply to: Re: The Webley MkVII is the LC Indy gun while a Walther PPK (7.65mm) is Donovan's gun and the famous Bond gun.(nm) posted by Greg on March 24, 2001 at 12:42:57:

Michaelson, of course, is the man for this, but I believe Indy carried a regular square-butt MkVI in most of the movie (except for the scene in the cave, near the end just before he goes after the Grail). In that scene alone, I think, is the only time the Webley with the bird's head grip appears. As usual, it seems that there is no "one true" anything, but rather several versions that were used at various times during the filming of the various movies for various reasons. I have no doubt that several different hats and jackets that were used in each film, each maybe a little different than the others.

Variously yours,
Curios

: : : : For those of you who own the replica gun or who are planning on buying it, do you think that it is really worth it? Is it a good enough replica, or should I still search for a non-functioning Webley? Thank you all.

: You mean Webley MkVI. The MkVII is the shoulder bag ID number. Actually, the true MkVI was only produced with a square butt, but it is clear that the pistol Indy carried in LC had a bird's head grip on it, but still had a 6-inch barrel. This is unusual because the last of the bird's head grips could be found on the MkV Webleys and they only had up to 5 inch barrels on them. I have a MkV/MkVI hybrid that has the proper bird's head grip and the six inch barrel (the barrel and top strap are from a MkVI and the lower half of the pistol are marked MkV). The cylinder is chambered for .45 and I used autorim ammo in it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]