Re: Shaping Fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-mtc-tj061.proxy.aol.com on March 24, 2001 at 17:58:32:

In Reply to: Shaping Fedora posted by Jack on March 24, 2001 at 17:15:06:

: I recently purchased a Peters Bros. fedora to match the one in the idol sequence in ROTLA. Now I wished I had requested it to match the scenes in Cairo. Would it be possiable to have it reshaped without ordering a new one? Ironically, I happen to live 40 mles away from the Peter Bros. shop in Fort Worth.

I'm sure Joe would reshape it for you. Or you can do it yourself. Just steam it a bit and work the pinch up higher to pull out some of the 'heart' shape in the peak of the crown. Steam the brim, too; it will need to be softer for the next part. Looking down on the hat (from the top) you'll see the brim front is creased STRAIGHT along the front of the crown. Put it on and place your thumbs at the points where the brim turns down. Now, slide your thumbs back about an inch or so along the brim and bend it upward until the sides of the brim touch the crown. This will cause these two points to have a pitch where you bent it. As you do this you'll notice that the front of the brim snaps against your forehead and bends around it. After this you'll see that the front of the brim slopes down straight from the crown and has a rounded look. To see where the brim pitches up near the front look at the Cairo scene where they're arguing about the monkey.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]