Indy vs. Titanic, a topic that we need to let go people. . .

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ericao from pm02-225.lsbg.fl.iag.net on October 03, 1998 at 20:55:14:

In Reply to: A posted by Michaelson on October 02, 1998 at 10:42:26:

Oh dear god, please lets not bring up Titanic. Really, I don't want to start crying and I definately don't want to start screaming at the top of my lungs at those of you who hated this movie. I know there are many of you anti-Titanic freaks out there, and that's just fine, but I absolutely loved that epic masterpiece. I truly don't care about the unoriginality, the cost, or the hype. It's one of the most magnificent movies ever made. BUT, people. . .you must understand, the Indiana Jones trilogies will always be my favorite movies ever. You can't really compare the two. First of all, Titanic can never have a sequel. More or less, it was a rehashed re-telling of the horrible disaster mixed in with a love story that ~I~ found to be quite touching. And although the script coulda used some work, there were quite a few emotionally gripping scenes that made me cry like you wouldn't believe, and I hardly EVER cry at movies. The Indy movies, on the otherhand, created an entire universe full of opportunities for great sequels (with the exception of TOD, which was a PREQUEL). Anyway, my point is not that I'll adore Titanic and Indiana Jones until I die. . .my point is that we shouldn't start discussing what is the better film, because HEY. . .I thought this was an Indiana Jones forum. Of course we're all gonna be privy to the Indy movies here, baby.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]