Yes, indeed:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0080.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on March 26, 2001 at 22:45:02:

In Reply to: Seriously......That looks pretty good, did you really do it with alcohol?.... posted by Michigan Smith on March 26, 2001 at 22:01:46:

It's a lambskin jacket. I used Ace brand denatured alcohol (I had some, and I found out it works, so I opted for it instead of acetone) and a few old cotton socks. The alcohol made the dye temporarity very soft and sticky. I just kept rubbing off some dye without getting the leather wet. Denatured alcohol is rather volatile, be careful! Rubber gloves, ventilation, no open flame, etc...
I must add that I prepped the leather by conditioning it a lot a few days before the deed. So far I can't tell if the leather has suffered any significant damage. I'll keep reporting on its condition...
FG

: Is it a lamb or cow jacket? I have been contemplating a home done artificial distressing myself, and wonder how you did. MK's acetone technique sounds a bit too risky for me.
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: