I thought it's rather amusing...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0986.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on March 27, 2001 at 23:12:33:

In Reply to: Alden Boot Funny Experience posted by MF on March 27, 2001 at 22:49:41:

... because now I ALWAYS remove my boots and throw them on the conveyor belt of the X-ray machine.
I had a couple close calls in the past, especially since I don't take well to being touched by the "highly trained professionals" who routinely go to DEFCON 1 when I enter the premises.
I'd rather walk in socks through "security".
FG
PS: Do you know that you can refuse a full body cavity search and opt for a full body X-ray? At least at SFO you have that option.
PPS: I don't like airports very much. Can you tell? ;)

: Going through the airport the other day, I came darn close to a full body cavity search (say that with mean deep voice :-)).

: Long story short, the hefty steel shanks that make the Aldens so stable and comfortable, also trip of metal detectors *big time*.

: And all it takes is one poorly trained security guard, not versed in using the wand to check shoes, and you might be visiting the gloves-n-vaseline lounge!

: :-)

: This happened to anyone else?
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: