You know, a real adventurer would only be slowed down by wearing pants.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curious from 1Cust243.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on March 28, 2001 at 16:36:11:

In Reply to: Possible Pant Alternative? posted by Austin Powers on March 28, 2001 at 16:05:52:

Indy only wore them to get the PG-13 rating.

: I got a pair of "chinos" at WalMart the other day that I feel are the best store-bought replica of Indy's pants, with respect to color-likeness.

: The pants have pleats but the back pockets aren't flapped. There are cuffs at the ankles, but I had mine removed and hemmed. I reckon if you were to buy one size smaller lengthwise you could just undo the cuff attachments and the added length would be just right.

: There's a link below to these pants on WalMart's website. The color I got MUST be what they call "mocha" on the site. But mine're just slightly lighter than their color sample. Mine are about a cross between the "mocha" and "khaki", with maybe a hint of "olive" thrown in.

: But yeah, these pants are the PERFECT color, in my opinion. It's virtually impossible to find store-bought pants that aren't super-light khaki-colored. In photographs the khakis look nearly white. But I reckon these "chinos" would hold up good in pictures.

: They're a good choice, I think, at least for the "Temple of Doom" pants. And at $19.96 you could buy a crapload and beat the hell out of 'em.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]