Re: Agreed

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curious from 1Cust243.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on March 28, 2001 at 16:53:29:

In Reply to: Agreed posted by Doctor on March 28, 2001 at 16:11:14:

Wow, before this gets too ugly let me state that someone's preference in firearms is like their preference in cars; it's their "preference". It's all a matter of taste (or, in the case of Glocks, the lack thereof--just kidding, sort of).

My biggest problem with the plastic gun is that it has no real active safety features. There are a couple of passive internal safety features that keep the gun from firing if it's dropped, but the most common reason for accidental discharges is because someone (and I won't say "idiot" because lots of smart people make mistakes and have had an A.D.) had their finger on the trigger when they shouldn't have. So where does Glock put the only "active" safety feature on their plastic gun? It's that little clitoris-thing on the trigger. Real dumb--if someone is going to put their finger on the trigger at the wrong time they've already defeated this so-called safety. These guns are designed for use by humans, and humans make mistakes. And humans are going to continue making mistakes. With a single-action firearm (and Glocks ARE single-action--I'll argue that "safe-action" marketing horse-shit to death), there should be a thumb safety.

My opinions only, but they are fact, in this case.

: I have used Glocks in the past and I will agree with you. They are about as durable and reliable as a tire tool. Unfortunately, they also have about as much class as a tire tool. I have never had any aspirations of owning such an ugly weapon.

:
: Regards

: Doctor

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: