Used to carry a modified S&W .39 with 115 grain Remington Hydroshocks

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WndJameR from 198.23.26.253 on March 28, 2001 at 22:18:24:

In Reply to: Poll: What's your favorite sidearm? 1911A1 .45 gets my vote. (nm) posted by Zippy on March 28, 2001 at 19:16:02:

Back in the days when I had a carry permit, I had a Model 39 that had wraparound Pachmyr grips, glassed feed ramp and action, extended ejection port (1/8", prevented a full casing from getting jammed in the port if you had a misfire and needed to get another round in the chamber, QUICK!), modified front ramp with dayglo orange insert and fully adjustable rear sight with white outline (stock was windage only). I additionally installed an ambedextrious safety and bevelled the front and sides of the magazine well 60 deg (used to do a bit of gunsmithing). Round of choice was the Remington Hydroshock hollowpoint in 115 grains. Carried it in an Alessi horizontal sholder rig with 2 spare magazines on the right side. At the time, I was much more comfortable with a single stack rather than the staggered magazine pistols of the day. I had gotten pretty good at instinctive shooting and old bowling pins made good targets. I'd set them at random ranges and in a alternating "V" pattern, engaging the closest (hence, mostt "dangerous" first, then working my way out with double taps. I had to work at it, but when I was in practice, I could put 32 rounds (4 mags)downrange at 25 meters with 75 percent in the 9/10 ring and all in the chest area of a siluette target. I retired from the Army with an Expert Pistol. However, now I am quite comfortable with the M9 Beretta.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]