Re: Hat Ribbon HEEEELP!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn004a-p2-035.cybertours.com on March 29, 2001 at 21:00:19:

In Reply to: Hat Ribbon HEEEELP! posted by Doktor Chones on March 29, 2001 at 20:18:08:

: Can anyone direct me to a supplier for the correct Hat ribbon???
: I got a fair but not perfect match on the hat, but it came with a crappy little leather strap/band. In desperate need of the proper ribbon.

If you want Petersham ribbon (i.e., Temple of Doom or LC), you can contact

Baxter, Hart And Abraham Ltd.
141 New Bedford Road
Luton
Bedfordshire
LU3 ILF

Tel: (01582) 721381

These are the folks that supply Catherine Delaney with the best Petersham ribbon I've come across. The ribbon is the darkest brown 39mm they carry. The other stuff is from Judith M, which is good, but not as nice as the stuff I once purchased from Catherine Delaney, and it is not the correct shade of brown. It needs to be dyed. Since I purchased it from her and not her supplier, I have no idea what they charge for it.

If you want the Raiders look, just about any hatter can supply you with 39mm (1 1/2 inch) grosgrain. Just be sure to ask for a cotton/rayon blend ribbon instead of polyester. It is a little more expensive but is MUCH nicer ribbon, takes dye well if necessary, and is also more authentic to the time period.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]