Indiana Magnoli's Grail Diary...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-tp054.proxy.aol.com on March 31, 2001 at 03:38:49:

I have seen grail diaries come and go on eBay and have been tempted to indulge myself. I've not really known too much about this particular avenue of our hobby, but have always had a pent-up fascination for it. I've looked on the grail forum and have been impressed with the level of detail paid to the reproduction of this prop. I began that slide down the slippery slope - the same one that led to a closet full of jackets? Well, anyway, I finally decided to begin making inquiries directly to the people in the thick of things, and who better than our friend Indiana Magnoli. We exchanged several emails on the subject, and when the opportunity arrived, I dropped some dough on something other than a jacket - one of Indy Magnoli's printed diaries.

I received it a few days ago, and have been in complete awe of it. This is a work of art! The diary is hand-bound, and the attention to detail is outstanding. I may need to pick up one or two more - to put away for the kids. The extras - the reproduction of the wrapper from Venice, the train tickets, the telegrams, letters, everything. I cannot praise Indy Magnoli's work enough.

Next on the list? Maybe the Raiders map, the Grail Knight Painting, or the reproduction Grail itself. My wife - who just rolls her eyes at the jackets - sat down with the diary the night I brought it home and went through page by page and commented on the craftsmanship that went into it.

If any of you ever have the opportunity to own one of these works of art, jump on it! It is a keepsake worthy of a place of honor in any film memorabilia buffs collection.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: