Excellent pic...can you lay the goat in there as well?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by junior from 1Cust207.tnt1.louisville.ky.da.uu.net on March 31, 2001 at 11:14:09:

In Reply to: Raiders of the Lost Leather posted by MK on March 31, 2001 at 01:26:58:

: OK, You have read my ramblings about leather in regards to color, highlights and undertone. You have also read my theory on the color of the original Raiders jacket and how I have said the highlights are beige instead of the mauve in current lamb offerings. Well now I can tell you that those theories are correct. When Patterson, Lee and I met at FS, we all brought some show and tell. One of the things Lee had was his now infamous Leather Concessionairs jacket (A.K.A. the Keppler prototype) cira 1987. We have all heard about the cut, but what I am interested in is the leather. It looks just like the pictures I have been studing. It is not red dominant. It's a very dark brown with beige highlights where the finish has wore off on the seems and edges. It appears that Peter still had the same or very simular leather source in '87. Here is a pic next to FS lamb.

: FYI: The FS chrome goat is the closest color match.

: TECH NOTE:I am doing this from my laptop so I have not done my usuall color correcting to match the reference.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]