Gotcha. Something like that has happened to me before:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0820.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on March 31, 2001 at 21:50:52:

In Reply to: Yes, mine was marked "return to sender", but my point was...... posted by Michigan Smith on March 31, 2001 at 21:01:30:

I missed a package that had been sent to me from Europe. The post office kept it for two weeks, then they shipped it back (the cheapest way, by ship!!! - it took 6 weeks).
$109 sounds like a lot, that much is for sure...
FG
PS: There must be a way to return imported goods without having to pay customs/duty again. I wonder if they know at my local post office...

: What if this was a jacket Peter sent out to someone, and it was undeliverable. Say someone was taken ill, went out of town, or didn't get their notice to pick it up at the Post Office and pay the customs duty. What would the US post office do with it? How long do they hold an unclaimed package before it goes back? $109 US sounds like alot for return postage and/or customs, unless England has some really extreme taxation on incoming goods. And that wouldn't really make sense, since they must have to import a great many things being an island country. Just my thoughts, to help get through the wait (again) and the hope that it was not mine!
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: