Re: Last Crusade Soundtrack

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by -Johnny O.- from shiva2-n218-ip101-toronto.ica.net on January 06, 1998 at 08:56:01:

In Reply to: Re: Last Crusade Soundtrack posted by The Northlander on January 06, 1998 at 00:41:40:

: : Hello fellow Raiders

: : Yesterday while at a record store in my town I managed to find a single copy of the soundtrack to "Last Crusade". Needless to say, I bought it and listened to it all the way home. I've seen the film a million and a half times, but for some strange reason I can't place one of the selections of music. It's called "Keeping Up with the Joneses", track number 8 on the CD. This is really bothering me! Can anyone figure out where it belongs?

: : If I can't remember, I guess I'll just have to watch the film again to find it. Not that I'll mind at all... **grin**

: : Aragorn

: I'm not 100% certain, but it MAY be one of John Williams' concert versions of music from Indy 3. It's basically the theme of Henry Sr. though, which you do hear in the film occasionally. I just wish they would release a FULL version of this score (and Temple of Doom, of course) as they did with Raiders!

: -Northy-

Hi... um I do believe it may be a concert verision of one or more tracks in the film as mentioned above... some of it does seems to be similar to the scene when Henry destroys the plane with the birds on the beach, though the key and the tempo seems to be a bit off... but if you listen to the last 15 seconds of track 8 , and watch the end of the bird scene as it switches to the establishing shot of "The Repulic of Hatway" and play the last 15 seconds of track 8 you will notice that they are the same.

When will you people at Lucasfilm give us the full scores, and the widescreen tapes?? There is NO reason why they can't give us the tapes. They have been available on laserdisc forever... are we lonely vhs people not good enough??? :-)

I know the CD box set will be some time, as Warner Records still owns the rights to The Last Crusade until 1999 or somewhere around there.... (notice the warners logo on your CD!)

-Johnny O.-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]