Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike from spider-wd013.proxy.aol.com on October 05, 1998 at 20:45:20:

In Reply to: Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list posted by Mike on October 05, 1998 at 19:59:00:

It's obvious that some teenager wrote this. To compare a quality film such as "Saving Private Ryan" to a Decaprio film that is being followed by comments such as "OooooH, He's soooo fine!!!!!!!!!" can't even be taken seriously from the start. There is a diference between a "FILM" and a "MOVIE". A film would be something like, BRAVEHEART, FORREST GUMP, PLATOON, or, TITANIC. A movie would be like STRASHIP TROOPERS, MAN BEHIND THE IRON MASK, WAYNES WORLD, or TERMINATOR. The difference is that a FILM will contain the elements of life in which we all have or will experience realisticaly. A MOVIE will only illustrate the elements of life in which we are expected to use and maybe learn from (doesn't mean we will). One interesting link that severs this "difference" is when both "FILM" and "MOVIE" (through confused perspectives of its creators) accidentaly go hand in hand. This can have a positive outcome only through chance. A good example would be TITANIC. It is a very fine FILM with some ingrediants of a MOVIE. The FILM part is its very dark, but very real scenarios of humanity being put to the test with things like, "What would you do if this was you", "If you had a chance to help another that tried to selfishly save their own life by using you, would you still help them if you could?" The MOVIE part to TITANIC is its constant desire to get the audiances approval for recruiting somebody like Leonardo Decaprio as "Jack". "OOOh, He's soooo hot!" is not going to turn the heads of the Academy Awards Officials and get them thinking about giving him an Oscar for be "Good Look'n". The film industry is interested in one thing. Money. Both FILMS and MOVIES make lots of money, but it is FILMS that will get the awards, the power, and even determine what is desireble for the next seasons of films to come. The main problem with Decaprio is that he will never be able to shake the teenager look about him. Even when he turns 35, I'll bet you he will still be taking roles of characters in movies about high school life. Don't get me wrong, I think Decaprio has fantastic potential, I just hope his agent will encourage him to grow and focus on being an actor and not a teenager cover magazine model. that would be a waist.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]