Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike from spider-wd013.proxy.aol.com on October 05, 1998 at 21:14:41:

In Reply to: Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list posted by Mike on October 05, 1998 at 19:59:00:

First of all, lets get one thing straight. SAVING PRIVATE RYAN and TITANIC are not comparable, like you said, but not in the way that you think. SAVING PRIVATE RYAN (SPR) and TITANIC (T) are both about a real accurrance that took place. both are Shocking to the heart, mind, body, and soul. But if you want to judge a film based on interests that are made to just serve your teenage fantasies while curling your toes over somebody you have a crush on is hardly a justifieble reason to deny any other film a chance to show you the same thing that attracted you to that one movie that you are protecting. Yes, SPR is extremely violent, but that's what makes such a fine FILM, that's why people appreciate what your and my forefathers sacrificed and were exposed. they fought to protect us from the future forces of evil, so that we could throw biased comments like "Decaprio RULES!!!" you should think about that. SPR is not for everybody to see, but I'm very glad I did. It's the closest to war that you can get without actually be expoesed to the threat and still come out thanking your realtives and my relatives in the armed forces for what they have or are doing for us. To be honest with you, through your comments, it sounds like you like T for just its romantic elements--which is fine, but not with accusations that Matt Damon is trying to steal the spotlight. COME ON!!! You're talking about HOLLYWOOD, TENSEL TOWN for crying out loud!!!!!!!! Yes, of course they're trying to beat each other to the top of the hill...He who has the gold, makes the rules in HOLLYWOOD. Don't think for a second that Decaprio's agent wouldn't pass up the oppurtunity to encourage him to do something bad if it could make them both a bunch of money. Trust me, even with as much cutsy imagery that you might have in mind with Decaprio, he would be more than happy to do WHATEVER it takes to keep that spotlight on him....that's what celebreties do, that's how they make their money.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]