Re: INDY 3D SWINGING QUESTION

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bordok from pc1029.public.htk.fi on October 06, 1998 at 09:09:54:

In Reply to: INDY 3D SWINGING QUESTION posted by average joe on October 06, 1998 at 08:48:52:

: ALRIGHT, I DONT KNOW ABOUT YA'LL, BUT I'M NOT TO THRILLED ABOUT THIS NEW INDY 3D GAME. IT JUST LOOKS WAY TOO MUCH LIKE TOMB RAIDER TO ME. WHICH ISNT TO SAY THAT TOMB RAIDER WAS A BAD GAME- IT'S JUST THAT IT'S TOO SHALLOW. I CAN SEE HOW A STRAIGHT FORWARD INDY PUZZLE/ADVENTURE GAME DOESNT LIKE- HAL BARWOOD SAID- REALLY GIVE THE FEEL OF INDY BECAUSE OF THE LOSS OF TRUE ADVENTURE, BUT NOW IT SEEMS THAT THERE'S GONNA BE TRUE ACTION AND NOTHING ELSE. INDY HAS BRAINS AND SHOULD USE THEM FOR THINGS BEYOND PUSHING AROUND BLOCKS AND PULLING 3,000 LEVERS. **** BIG QUESTION*** IN THIS NEW 3D GAME, CAN INDY LASH SAY A BRANCH OR A BEAM WITH HIS WHIP AND THEN SWING? IF NOT THEN DONT EVEN BOTHER MAKING THE DAMN GAME. FROM WHAT I SAW OF some OF THE SCREEN SHOTS, I COULD GO WITHOUT FIGHTING BIG SCORPIONS AND SNOW MONSTERS. BY THE WAY HERES JUST A LITTLE THOUGHT PROVOKING QUESTION... IN 5 WORDS AND 5 WORDS ONLY, DESCRIBE DR. HENRY JONES JR.

The adventure game genre is dying and there's nothing we can do about that... LucasArts recently released (...well not that recently) Curse of Monkey Island, the third game in the series which was probably their last 2D adventure game. They're currently working on another Adventure game, and it will most likely be 3D based like their latest adventure game, Grim Fandango.
I think Indy is an action kinda guy so I don't have a problem with an Indy action game. Anything with the name Indy in it... I'll buy it. I don't think that it would be that cool if they'd create another Indy adventure game that would be 3D based. Think about the screenshots of Indy3D and what it would be as an adventure game... I wouldn't like it much. I think it's ok to do an action game for once... It'll get us a chance to play online and beat the **** off each other :)

You don't have to use caps btw.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]