Bruce Campbell interview at Ain't It Cool News

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from ts017d26.sto-ca.concentric.net on April 02, 2001 at 23:53:02:

The interview mentions "everybody's favorite golden idol" and Raiders of the Lost Ark. It seems that the exact idol from Raiders will be making an appearance in movie, "The Majestic," starring Jim Carrey (Bruce Campbell has a bit part). Here's an excerpt from the interview where he mentions it...you can scroll down to the bottom of the page for the link to the entire interview.

Q: I HEAR THAT EVERYBODY’S FAVORITE GOLDEN IDOL MAKES A CAMEO IN THE MAJESTIC. DID YOU GET TO PLAY AROUND WITH THAT?

BC: What does that mean?

Q: THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK IDOL?

BC: I didn’t see it, no.

Q: REALLY? MORIARTY, WHO I GUESS YOU TALKED TO A BIT WHEN HE VISITED, SAYS THE GOLDEN IDOL WAS WORSHIPPED HOURLY ON SET. HE SAID DARABONT WAS ABLE TO GET IT FROM SPIELBERG...

BC: Maybe he gets hit. Actually, I think Cliff Curtis, who plays the evil Khalid, I think he hits the professor on the back of the head with it. I didn’t recognize it being from that.

Q: YEAH, THAT’S THE ONE.

BC: Wow. There you go. That’s a little trivia for you... For you internet freaks!

Q: YEAH, THAT’S BASICALLY THE AUDIENCE YOU’RE PLAYING TO DURING THIS INTERVIEW... BUT THE IDOL IS COOL AND ALL, BUT IT IS NO PAIR OF RUBBER PANTS.

BC: They’re what? That’s right, they’re no rubber pants.

Q: YOU’RE LIKE, "UH-OH. I KNOW WHAT’S COMING UP..."

BC: It’s a very obscure reference now. These people will have no idea what you’re talking about.

Q: WELL, THEY WILL AFTER THE NEXT QUESTION.

BC: OK.

Q: THAT WAS A REFERENCE TO A SUPER 8 FILM YOU DID WITH SAM RAIMI AND JOSH BECKER CALLED WADERS OF THE LOST PARK, WHICH, BY THE WAY, WAS SHOWN RECENTLY WITH RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK AT THE ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE IN AUSTIN.

BC: It was? It was shown with the real movie?! Really?

Q: YEAH, BEFORE THE MOVIE.

BC: As like a short before the movie? That’s hysterical! Good lord! What did you do, show it on video or something?

Q: YEAH, THEY HAD A VIDEO. OF COURSE IT WAS TERRIBLY BOOTLEGGED, BUT STILL...

BC: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.

Q: IT WAS STILL FUN TO WATCH NONETHELESS. YOU GOT A BIG APPLAUSE, BY THE WAY, WHEN YOU FIRST POPPED UP.

BC: You guys should let us know because I can always get better copies of that stuff. Of course, you’d steal it and bootleg it again... so maybe not.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]