Re: Wested Leather, FS, Mr Wax & Petterson

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. Wax from wall.base2co.com on April 03, 2001 at 10:03:49:

In Reply to: Wested Leather, FS, Mr Wax & Petterson posted by Peter Botwright on April 03, 2001 at 06:36:12:

What an outstanding posting Mr. Botwright. Since I don't have one of your jackets I can't make any comparison at all with my flight suits jackets. As for goatskin being cheaper then lambskin, I don't think in this case price is an indicator of quality but availability. Goatskin is legendary for it's stength and longevity. I did not buy my Expedition jacket to wear as an Indiana Jones costume. I did not want a lambskin jacket.The reason I chose flight suits is that I had previously purchased a G-1 jacket from them and was astounded at the high quality. Also, it was incredibly reasonably priced. When I saw the price of the Expedition, I was surprised, but I trusted them that this price would be reflected in the quality. Let me say also, that I was detracted from purchasing a jacket from you because the jacket section of the indygear website was chock full of evidence that you are a somewhat careless and seemingly excentric seller of jackets. "I asked for a pre-distressed but Peter forgot to put it in the dryer" and he forgot the press studs. And also, they talk about how the smell from your leather is overwhelming and the jacket has to be aired out and that there is so much dye used you can move it around. Let me tell you, my Flight Suits jacket had virtually no odor whatsoever. The quality of this cheaper goatskin material is amazing. I don't what to sound like I'm against you or anything, but your preachy, whiney little tyrade only reassured me that I made the right choice. Cheers.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]