Please, my friends, let's be civil. Let's all take a deep breath. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by schwammy from 157-18.dsl.scc.net on April 03, 2001 at 10:57:06:

In Reply to: Re: Flight Suits says they've been making that pocket long before anybody ever heard of Indiana Jones. They've not ever lied to me, while we both know you have. (nm) posted by Peter Botwright on April 03, 2001 at 10:45:36:

: BULLSHIT, IT IS YOU WHO SAID I COPIED THE FLIGHT SUIT POCKET.
: THEY NEVER STARTED BUSINESS UNTIL 1977, WITH ONLY 2 EMPLOYEES. I WOULD NEVER HEARD OF THEM YET ALONE COPY THEIR POCKET WHEN I MADE THE JACKET IN 1980. THINK IT THROUGH

: PETER

: : : To Mr Wax
: : : In reply as to why FS ha changed thier Blurb its is because in stating
: : : 'The original patterns no longer exist and even the original 'Indy' jacket manufacturer is now using patterns copied from a copy of the jacket' they have laid themselves open and are subject to litigation.
: : : THe original 'indy' patterns do exist, are in my possesion and all Wested 'Indy' jackets are derived from it.
: : : To Patterson the 'expert'
: : : Whilst I can understand your reason for promoting FS Expedition jackets to say that we have copied the FS pocket is a lie, one only has to see how long we have making the jacket as compared to FS whom I had never heard of till recently.
: : : As the owner of Wested Leather Co and Leather Concessionaires I find it quite amazing that you refer to the now 'Infamous Keppler Jacket' which was made by us and sold to Lee Keppler in El Cajon. We of course also made the 'Indy' jacket on display in the Smithsonian Institute. So it would appear that you have maticulously copied our jacket which was made from Lambskin and not the cheaper Goatskin material.
: : : I find it hard to beleive that you can encourage loyal fans to pay over $400 for a copy when the true 'Authentic' jacket is available from Wested Leather at $220.
: : : Whilst I am not an expert on Indy gear in general, as the person who made the ORIGINAL jacket I must in that respect be the true expert.
: : : I have until now taken derogatory remarks and lies such as 'load of crap' and copied from 'fs' lighty but should such inflamatory remarks continue I will not hesitate to seek legal action.
: : : To Indy Fans.
: : : I apologise for having for having to bring a serious note to your forum but I felt it neccessary. Rest assured you have my continued support
: : : Peter Botwright

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]