Not to throw a wrench into the works, but...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mmarosy from smtp.rewardsplus.com on April 03, 2001 at 12:27:10:

In Reply to: Re: Flight Suits says they've been making that pocket long before anybody ever heard of Indiana Jones. They've not ever lied to me, while we both know you have. (nm) posted by Peter Botwright on April 03, 2001 at 12:17:07:

I don't mean to perpetuate the argument, or get anyone mad at me, but I believe Patterson stated that you copied the Concessionaries inside pocket. Anyway, if you look at the picture from the "Stars" book or calendar, the one with Harrison lashing the whip towards the camera, you can see that the inside pocket is a simple leather strip.

I, by the way, have owned two Westeds and have been pleased, even with having to send my second back to change the inside pocket from the right to the left side. I had also thought about replacing the sleeves, as the right texture was rougher than the rest of the jacket, but this wasn't done. I assumed it was because you didn't have matching hides as my jacket is probably about 5 or 6 years old. Is this indeed the reason?

Anyway, I have not had any bad experiences in my dealings with you, Peter, and when I ordered my second, a concern of mine was mobility as I rode my motorcycle, you even suggested "dropping the sleeves and placing the gusset" which is working.

Mike

: You are quite, but Patterson has stated on this webpage that I have copied the FS pocketand that is the lie I do not expect from a man that I respect and have supported.
: The gussett question is another matter. My staff are of course more than a little upset by all this and then Doris the lady who made all of Lee Keplers jackets confirmed that the gusset under the arm was a request by Lee as an extra, which solves the mystery as they are not on the Master pattern. She still has his phone number and says she is going to ring him.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]