Yep...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-tp041.proxy.aol.com on April 03, 2001 at 13:34:14:

In Reply to: My two cents on the FS blurb and I quote... posted by India Jones on April 03, 2001 at 13:06:13:

: from the FS website:

: "...We also sourced the correct leather, lining, and hardware used in the original."

: Huh??? I am no "expert" either but is that why the lining is made out of a Dacron twill? I highly doubt that this was the original material used to make the real jackets. Of course I could be wrong. And where would they find the original tannery that made the leather from 20 years ago. Last I heard they went out of business. Here's another one to defy logic: If they used sourced and used the "correct" leather, then why do they offer three different kinds? Did the movie jackets come in goat and deer? Oh, or maybe these were used to make the Indy pajamas or the Indy line of lingerie. I smell a rat...

:

I have to admitt I do not agree with that portion of the copy. To be fair, it was the original goal to source all original materials, but functionality and durability was given priority when it came to materials. Again, they would have had to find cheap aluminum zippers if this were the case. The materials FS uses are superior to anything I've seen on a Wested, irrespective of Peter's comments to the contrary. I've held both in my hands, while I would venture Peter has not. Making statements without knowledge as to their truthfulness with the intent to profit? I think my law professor called that constructive fraud? It's been a few years - Mr Wax, can you correct me if I'm wrong?

The jacket speaks for itself. Read the guarantee. If you buy one and are not happy, they'll make it right - up to giving you your money back. Who else is going to do that. Hell, just get some leather samples from them.

Regards,

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: