I gotta agree....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupGG117.mpls.uswest.net on April 03, 2001 at 13:43:31:

In Reply to: My two cents on the FS blurb and I quote... posted by India Jones on April 03, 2001 at 13:06:13:

This's like the 4th set of text I've seen on Flight Suits' Expedition page, and each one gets weirder and weirder. It almost seems like they've got a vendeta towards Wested. I mean regardless of Wested's empty claims I don't think an online catalog is the place for a competitor to bash them.

It also seems that with each new set of Expedition text they get a little more cocky. The original text simply said the coat was an exact replica of a jacket used in a famous movie. Now they're claiming to produce the end all be all Indy jacket and that all other replica makers produce shoddy copies.

Don't get me wrong, I think my Expedition is great. It actually LOOKS like a Raiders jacket and the leather actually HAS grain and doesn't squeak like a banshee. I just think Flight Suits oughta reword their text and have an actual writer word it. I'm no English professor, but I can recognize broken sentences and awful word-flow. Focus more on describing the jacket, and less on discrediting other replica makers.

Austin Powers

P.S. With regard to the "correct leather, lining, and hardware used in the original" statement, then why aren't ALL Expeditions made with silver-colored zippers? And I agree that Dacron was not around back in '80, so that seems fishy too. I think I understand what FS is trying to get at, but again they used poor wording. I think what they MEAN is that they found accurate REPLICAS of the original material/hardware, rather than the exact same items. But the "stock" zipper really oughta be silver if they're obsessed with accuracy. The brass oughta be the optional zipper.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]