What's wrong with LucasArts?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from wic1dl-14.up.net on January 06, 1998 at 10:04:44:

In Reply to: Re: When is Lucasarts going to make a Dark Forces-type Indiana Jones game? posted by Brisco on January 05, 1998 at 09:38:29:

: The Dentman wrote:
: :I'll wait for the sequel to Fate of Atlantis.

: Speaking of which, what ever happened to that??? Several years ago, there was a Dark Horse comic book miniseries, Indiana Jones and the Iron Pheonix, allegedly adapted from the Lucasarts computer game by Noah Falstein and Hal Barwood, the guys behind Fate of Atlantis. It involved the Philosopher's Stone. (In direct contridiction to the superior Max McCoy novel.) I waited and waited for this game to actually come out, but eventually gave up expecting it. Does anyone know if it is officially dead, or will it perhaps surface again? Either way, I would LOVE a Fate Of Atlantis sequel of some sort. That is still my favorite computer game of all time.
: Brisco

I share your feelings about Fate of Atlantis. That's the best type of Indy game possible I would think. I liked Dark Forces of course, and Tomb Raider is great, but do you people really want to see an Indy game with a plot as thin as either of those games? Indy deserves something better, like Fate of Atlantis. The story was great, and the characters and situations were too. I've never heard of this supposed sequel game of Indy and the Iron Phoenix, but I'd love to learn more about what happened. I'd also love to learn why Lucasfilm, LucasArts, etc. seem to be giving Indy fans little or no respect. Anyone agree with me?

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]