Re: THX Home Theater, what I wouldn't do for one

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The White Rider from ppp-207-193-29-202.snantx.swbell.net on October 06, 1998 at 17:47:11:

In Reply to: Re: THX Home Theater, what I wouldn't do for one posted by Bordok on October 05, 1998 at 22:15:37:

: : : : Does anyone here have a THX Home theater? I've been doing some research and they're really cool. I live in Finland so it will be kinda hard to get one, but I'm definately planning on buying one in the future.
: : : : Does anyone know how much they cost these days?

: : : : Has anyone heard that the indy movies would be released on DVD sometime soon? I might buy a DVD player soon too...

: : : Way back in my highschool drafting class(only a couple of years ago) one of our assignments was to design our own house.
: : : I can proudly say that mine wasn't too lavish, but it did provide for a THX home theatre as well as 1/2 an indoor basketball court.
: : : It looked pretty good when we had to render the house at the end of the year in AutoCad.
: : : hehe... Anyone wanna give me a couple hundred thousand so I can build the house? ;-)

: : Sorry, just spent my last five today ;-). Anyway, I haven't read any magazines concerning the stuff, but I would guess you might have to build a separate complex aside from your house. I'm including all the speakers, amplifiers, subwoofers, screens (the THX site has a list of THX-approved equipment BTW), etc. Plus all the acoustics of the room itself have to be right (the THX site also has parameters for that). Also, getting a THX person to certify it would take some time/money, but I feel it would be worth it. You have no idea how long I've secretly wished for a THX auditorium of my own (or at least five speakers and a subwoofer, for gosh sake!) All we have is a Dolby Pro-Logic thingamajigy and two speakers (L/R). Unfortunately, my parents aren't entertainment buffs. So it's "up to me", through the help of a steady job, my own time, blah-blah-blah which will all come in about ten years time. But I WANT IT NOW!!! WAAAAAH! :-)

: : BTW, invite me over when you do get yours built ;-).

: heheh... There's only one THX retailer in Finland and when I asked him he said that he doesn't even sell 'em :P that sucks!
: A friend of mine in Alabama has worked hard for 2 years and now he has finally got his own THX theater (He's 16 believe it or not). He lives and Alabama and we've alaready talked about me going down there... We'd watch nothing but Star Wars :) heheh

Well, it's always nice to dream but I say you smile a lot more when it's reality :-).

-The White Rider-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]