Re: Question. . .

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip226-s13.inetnorth.net on October 06, 1998 at 21:21:17:

In Reply to: Question. . . posted by ericao on October 06, 1998 at 21:11:44:

: Okay, I know there are a lot of posts like this, but I have to ask. Am I the only one that loves the Last Crusade the most out of the trilogy? I will admit that Raiders was the best, and Temple was the funnest, but the Last Crusade was just amazing. Who doesn't think that Sean Connery and Harrison Ford make a great father/son duo? Probably the best family relationship in any movie, besides the Star Wars Trilogy of course. LC was also the most humorous, and I thought it was a great sequel to Raiders, TOD being a prequel. I really don't like how Steven Spielberg said he did LC just to finish the series. That's a bunch of crap and it compromises his film-making integrity, at least in my opinion. Anyway, doesn't he realize that TOD took place before Raiders, meaning that it was indeed a prequel?

: Okay, so LC has a lot of errors/mistakes/goofs. . .I can't deny this, but the screen play was still pretty damn great. Elsa, while the prettiest of Indy's love interests, was kinda shallow (thankfully not as much as Willie was though). . .and LC was kinda unoriginal (what with the whole ancient relic hidden in the desert motif having already been used in Raiders). Still people, there have to be a few of you out there that just loved this film for. . .the sake of loving it. There really don't have to be good reasons for a person to love a movie. And like I said, while LC was not the *best* of the films. . .I will always find it to be the most enjoyable. Someone out there share this opinion?

: Regards, ericao. . .ugh, I mean, peace 0ut (sorry, just so use to reading Michaelsons posts) ;)

I can understand all that, and until I got into Indy full swing, I pretty much thought the same thing. It was only after I had watched the trilogy x-many times that I began to like Raiders more. Hence the knickname.

Regar....now you got ME doing it!
~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: