Flight Suits jacket arrives!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris King from gra-b.demon.co.uk on April 04, 2001 at 11:32:52:

Hi everyone,

This may not seem like a good time to make this post considering the recent heated exchanges regarding the Wested vs Flight Suits jacket but I couldn't contain my excitement.

I received my Flight Suits Expedition jacket today and I must say that it is THE Raiders jacket. Before I go any further, I must tell you that I own a Wested Pre-distressed Raiders cowhide jacket and a Wested new look lambskin Raiders jacket. Although both of my Wested's are beautifully made, I've never been happy with the look of them when compared to the fit of the jacket that Ford wears.

Now, when I put the Expedition jacket on it instantly looked like the Ford jacket. I was really concerned about which size to order because when I received my first 42inch Flight Suits jacket before the pattern revisions it was too big for my 41 inch chest. I took a gamble and ordered a 40 short jacket and the fit is perfect. I wanted my jacket to be short because if you look at Ford in Raiders, the bottom of the jacket is only just below the belt line. My Wested jackets were much too long in comparison. I'm 6 feet tall but I wanted the jacket to be the same length as the original that Patterson had access to. My gamble paid off because it looks great.

My advice to anyone ordering a Flight Suits jacket is to order a size smaller than normal. For example, if you wear a 44 inch dinner jacket, order a 42 inch Expedition.

I ordered the nickel zipper on my new jacket and it looks perfect. I had the brass zipper on the first jacket I had and in my opinion, it looked far too new looking. Even though the nickel is new, it doesn't look nearly as shiny.

I will be taking photos of my Indiana Jones costume display mannequin wearing the new look Wested and the Expedition jacket. It may help people to decide which one looks best when seeing them displayed along with the complete costume.

I'll post the photos tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Chris King.

P.S. Many thanks, to Lee, Patterson, MK and all the people at Flight Suits for producing a jacket that satisfies my perfectionist demands!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]