Understood, with points

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on April 04, 2001 at 13:29:38:

In Reply to: I give up. posted by Peter Botwright on April 04, 2001 at 06:54:19:

: First Patterson said I copied the inside pocket.
: Now he says I copied a Flightsuit jacket.
: Where will his fantasy end.
: As FS has now changed its Blurb I have no reason for litigation against them.I only wanted to stop them making false claims.
: I do not know why Patterson has this vendetta of lies aginst me when only a few months ago he was very supportive.
: The problem I have is that Patterson is clearly the BOSS of this website and I do not have the time or inclination to continue fighting his fabrications.
: I am in a no win situation.
: I will of course keep making the INDY jacket for those who want it and maybe even a goatskin jacket if its requested.
: Sorry folks, Elvis has left the building.
: Cheers
: Peter

I've just had time to monitor this situation, and so far I've kept quiet until the heat died down, which apparently it has by this morning. Please allow me to just act as "devil's avocate" for a moment, though from what I read here, you (Peter) probably won't check the forum again for a while, as has been your past practice, which is fine. I personally don't understand the entire scenario here, as if you were initially incensed by the so called FS "Blurb" (which, incidentially, I have YET to read. I don't pay much attention to advertisements since we discuss the products "ad nasium" right here.), why couldn't you have solved this by simply calling FS and telling them, instead of firing off a volley here? The timing is interesting as well, as last Thursday you sent a general "praise" email to those of us on the IndyGear staff, thanking us for what we've done to date (Patterson and Lee are staff members), on Friday you're writing an individual who is at another fan website, accusing Patterson and Lee of being "cronies of FS", less than 24 hours after the "praise" email to the same folks, then Monday morning this posting occurs here. I'm fully aware of other things that took place between Friday and Monday which ALSO should have completely defused the situation, but will not post them here as they are not mine to report, but I do know that this should have never happened. I can understand your frustration as well, as I have told you by phone before, but I'm afraid all you did was create two camps here, one of individuals who have been frustrated for quite a while by inconsistancies of the jacket and no responses to questions asked by paying customers, and the camp that, regardless of WHAT is said and done, they'll back you, come heck or high water. Now what's THAT all about? How is THAT helping your sales? I would think that you'd want everyone involved, and just allow the discussion to roll on as to the "what if's" of the jacket, hat, etc. So what if FS has re-created an example jacket from a historical aspect, which has been their business since they opened their doors. Tempers have flared, and have now been vented, but I can only say that I hope this round has not done more "damage" than you intended, Peter. Like I said, I understand, but once again playing the "devil's avocate", if you have been wronged, then I know you're frustrated, but if you have not been telling the truth all these years, then damage control is needed, but as you stated before, regardless of which way it really is, it's a no win situation. Speaking of my knowledge of Patterson, I know of no personal vendetta he's EVER had regarding you, only the building frustration he's experienced in his dealings with your company. I hope YOU can understand that. He's honestly attempted to contact you MANY times over the past several months to order a new finish cowhide jacket, as I talked him into exploring this excellent product (as I've told you personally is your best item you sell), but he's been left on hold, or had no response by phone or email. Once again, I hope YOU can understand where HE feels as well. Anyway, I'm not going to attempt to ask "let's all hold hands and sing together". This is just a hobby, but some of us take it more seriously than others. I can ONLY hope that we can respect WHATEVER stand an individual takes, regardless of how much we agree OR disagree with the statements made. I have appreciated your contributions, Peter, and right, wrong, good, or bad, you will always hold a place in history regarding the Indiana Jones story. There are just better ways to solve problems, in my humble opinion. As far as I'm now concerned, the matter is closed. The very HIGHEST regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]