Hello, and does anyone have an explanation?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jake from spider-tl043.proxy.aol.com on April 04, 2001 at 14:14:13:

Greetings. I'm Jake, and Indy is the man. RAIDERS is the movie that epitomizes my kidhood, and it's one of the handful of films that I can recite ver batum.
However, has anyone else noticed that in the scene with the German flying wing that was intended to take the Ark to Berlin (right after the escape from the Well of the Souls), Indy began to climb onto the plane; apparently to kick the butt of the pilot who was busy with the controls, a mechanic in a green shirt, cap and with a monkey wrench in his hand started shouting up to Indy (I read in a book somewhere that he was shouting "You! Kid! What do you think you're doing?!" in German, or something like that). We all remember that? Okay, well-- the pilot didn't hear him. Indy proceeds to deck the mechanic, only to have the economy-sized, shirtless bald nazi enter from stage right.
My question is, the big dude wasn't shouting when he called to Indy, who was going for "Beating up the Pilot, Take II." Yet the pilot heard the normal tone of voice, and turned around with a pistol.
What happened?
Does anyone have a good answer, besides perhaps the boom mike was having a problem, or that the musical score was softer here and there?
Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]