Re: "Idiosyncratic Details"?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rudquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on April 04, 2001 at 16:12:13:

In Reply to: "Idiosyncratic Details"? posted by Austin Powers on April 04, 2001 at 15:45:05:

Everyone should get what they asked for, I agree. What I meant was that the more out of the "norm" details (lining type not included) that someone asks for, the greater likely hood that there will be a mistake made. Considering the attention to detail that everyone is after, the jackets should probably take six months or more to get to your door. Just my opinion.
Cheers

: So you figure it's okay for someone providing a service to mysteriously omit these "idiosyncratic details"? Imagine ordering a brand-new car. You request a nice black paint job, tan leather interior, 16" mag wheels, and a sunroof. But when your car arrives it's yellow with grey fabric interior, 15" stock wheels and no sunroof. You figure, "Oh well, those were crazy requests anyway"?

: These people paid for a jacket. Granted, I have no idea whether or not these "alterations" cost extra, but it's the principal. You paid for it, you should get it. If these specs were promised then why should a customer bend over and take it when the jacket arrives sans specs?

: One more thing, I ordered a Wested 2 years ago. I requested a "custom-fitted new finish lambskin 'Raiders' version with satin lining". What I received was a jacket with cotton lining instead and a "40R" tag inside. Now I didn't request ANYTHING out of the ordinary, yet my order was STILL fumbled. I don't see how getting screwed is in any way the customers' fault.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]