Re: Questions about repairing /re-soling Alden's Shoes...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Cox from cheetah.bluep.com on April 04, 2001 at 17:42:44:

In Reply to: Re: Questions about repairing /re-soling Alden's Shoes... posted by Dr.Brody on April 04, 2001 at 13:33:16:

: : Now that we are all friends (I hope), has anyone had good results after re-heeling and re-soling their Aldens without using the original materials? The reason why I ask is that I live overseas and do not know of any cobbler shops that repair Aldens specifically. I have called the company directly and its going to cost a fortune in shipping just to send a pair of heels and soles over. Can a cobbler shop cut a rubber heel to match the "foot balance" shape on the originals? If anyone has any experience to share I would highly appreciate it.

:
: : Any good shoe repair shop can re-heel and re-sole your Alden's. I've been wearing my current pair for eleven years and can't count the times they have been "refreshed". Regards, Dr.Brody

I just take mine to a decent cobbler,he can cut heels to the distinct shape of the alden heels.My boots aer on 5 years old and i hope to get another 5 out of them.
Sam
Australia

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: