First impressions of the Federation

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-66.col.cableone.net on April 05, 2001 at 01:27:30:

I must say I am not disapointed. This hat is the replacement for the Campdraft, and was supposed to give us Indy fans another choice, and at a low, low price. I have raved here about the quality and durability of my Campdraft, and it is a true out of doors hat, and work hat if you will. They don't shrink as much as other felt hats I have owned. The gold doesn't wear off the sweatband. The Federation is a dark brown, darker than what Indy wore, but my Campdraft has lightened up over time, and looks really good. The ribbon is 1 5/8 inches,and while it is a dark brown, it needs to be darker, perhaps even black. The brim is 2 7/8 inches and unlike the Millers, only varies 1/16 inch. Good news for the folks that do their own dimensional cuts! The crown height is 5 5/8 inches in the open crown state, and has a beautiful shape to it. I am tempted to just wear it like it came for awhile! The brim is a true old fashioned snap brim. Not an "atomic flange", it's much more subtle. The Campdraft came with a light gold liner, the Federation has the correct white one. All and all,I think our buddy in Australia has done well in providing us with another alternitive, and cheap too. An excellent canvas that we can use to create our Indy fedoras. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]