My SECOND PB Review

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from xdialup203.mpls.uswest.net on April 05, 2001 at 11:53:45:

Okay, last night I dampened the front pinch VERY slightly and created a new one that was more centered. I used paper clips to hold the pinch, which I DO NOT recommend because now I have paper clip grooves in the felt(I hope they'll go away, any suggestions?).

Anyhoo, the hat looks way better now than it did yesterday. The razor-sharp pinch really helps now and I'm starting to get used to the crown height. (It's amazing that you don't realize how short-crowned your other hats are until you see a taller one)

The hat IS starting to grow on me. The bow on the ribbon is absolutely perfect(I asked for the "Patterson Ribbon"). I DO like the curves of the brim. He really got the back down-slope just right.

The color of the hat is hard to describe though. It's A LOT different than my Indiana Miller, which is more reddish. The PB color closely matches what we see on the screen during the "Temple" bridge scene and the "Crusade" tank chase.

The stiffness of the felt will take a while to adjust to, as I've only seen super soft-felted hats since I was a kid. I do WISH there was no taper, however. The crown still seems too narrow and I think if it didn't taper it'd look perfect.

So now I have a jacket AND a hat sized exactly to what Ford wore in the film. Wearing the stuff really makes me feel that Ford was AT LEAST 6' tall and close to 190. I look scrawny wearing the jacket and wide-brimmed hat. I better start eating my Wheaties and drinkin' milk.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]