Re: have you ever had an HJ?..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Brisco from spider-wf023.proxy.aol.com on April 05, 2001 at 19:45:36:

In Reply to: have you ever had an HJ?.. posted by Indy Sean on April 05, 2001 at 14:28:19:

: When I first got my HJ fedora I was disappointed also-there was a taper, and the brim was oh, so incorrect. Howver, after 4 MONTHS of shaping and reshaping, I've lost the taper, and fixed the brim and crown to my liking. It's perfect now (to my standards, anyway). I was going for the Peruvian temple look also, btw. I will post pictures soon.

: -IS

: ------
How did you get the look for the temple scene to make it look like that? What did you do?

Indiana Brisco

: : Maybe I was a little too hasty in my harsh review. I was pretty upset about the off-center front pinch though, there's NO excuse for that. And it really did ruin my whole first impression. All I saw when I looked at the hat was that error.

: : I was also taken aback by the hat's shear stiffness, which is kind of a catch 22. On one hand the hat'll keep it's shape well for a long time, and on the other it makes it a bitch to reshape, which I had to do. I'm one of the firm believers that Ford's hat in 'Raiders' was not stiff at all. You can see how flimsy it is in some scenes and you can even tell that the felt seems thinner than the sequels' hats. So the combination of thick and stiff felt on the PB really shocked me.

: : But after comparing my "repinched" PB with my self-shaped Indiana Miller, I've come to the conclusion that the PB is indeed a superior hat. It does in fact look more like a 'Raiders' hat, while the Miller achieves a Venice docks 'Crusade' look.

: : All in all I'm still not buying into the "send us a picture of a scene and we'll duplicate it" line. My PB looks like one of the generic ones hanging on the wall on the website, which is okay I guess. But I thought the whole point of having one custom-made was to get an exact replica of the scene you want. Oh well.

: : I think if they just sold generic 'Raiders' versions in stock sizes they could slash the price in half, which sounds more reasonable than $200. But that's just MY opinion.

: : Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]