About England for Indy (go ahead and read if you're curious, but this is a loooong one).

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-30-176.snantx.swbell.net on October 07, 1998 at 20:38:24:

About your "What about England?" query, Indy. First of all, get a snack or something because this is one hell of a long post.

Anyway, my Texas-based soccer team, the '83 Internacionals, is planning a team trip to England and Wales for July of '99, more specifically, an international (pardon the pun) soccer camp. Our coach, Karl Moore (maybe you've heard of him) organized it with a friend from England. This is the complete agenda for the trip as follows:

-July 16 Fri. Depart (our town) on a continental flight to Houston, then on British Airways Flt. **** in the afternoon four our overnight flight across the Atlantic. Meals are served and movies on board.

-17 Sat. Arrive Gatwick Airport in the morning whee we are met by our motorcoach, and travel across England and Wales to Aberystwyth on beautiful Cardigan Bay. Upon our arrival we check into our rooms at the University College of Wales (where Prince Charles went to school).

-18 Sun. Training with Welsh National Coach Mike Smith. Time to explore the town and the area. Opening ceremony of the Ian Rush International Soccer Tournament at 7:00pm.

-19 Mon. Ian Rush International Soccer Tournament, start of play.
-20 Tues., 21 Wed. IRIST-Matches, training, preliminary rounds.
-22 Thurs. Matches, training, ckills competition.
-23 Fri. Semi-finals along beautiful Cardigan Bay.

-24 Sat. Finals day and Awards presentations. During the week, time for sightseeing in the area: narrow gauge, steam-hauled railway to the Vale of Rheidol, Devil's Backbone, the Camera Obscura, cog railroad to Constitution Hill, the University Art Centre, and beautiful beaches.

-25 Sun. Aberystwyth/London - Depart by motorcoach and travel Warwick Castle, visit this ancient Castle with its ramparts, dungeons and the "Red Knight". Then onto Stratford-Upon-Avon the home of William Shakespeare for some sightseeing, then onto London. Check into our accomodations at the International House University of Westminster i nLambath, just across the Thames from the Houses of Parliament.

-26 Mon. London - Leave hotel 9:00am for panoramic sity tour of Buckingham Palace, and the chaging of the guard, Trafalgar Square, Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, then a Thames River boat trip to the Tower of London. Optional evening at a West End theatre show.

-27 Tues. London - Leave hotel 9:00am for visit to Wembley stadium for a tour of the home of English Football, then return to London to visit Piccadilly Circus and some soccer stores and sport shops near Oxford Circus, maybe a chance to visit Harrod' London famous department store. In the evening a walk tour of London's theater district and Hard Rock Cafe.

-28 Wed. London/(our town) - Depart the hotel early AM for Gatwick Airport and our British Airways Flt. **** at **** for Houston. Movies and meals on board. Arrive Houston at 2:05pm., transfer to Continental flight to (our town), arriving late in the afternoon.

WHEWWWWW!!! Told ya it was long, didn't I?

Cool trip, huh? I'm totally looking forward to it. This is the actual agenda, nothing changed except for information that I thought was confidential. All we need to do is raise/save $2500 in the next seven months :-(. There's a chance we may not go because of this, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Why'd you ask? Better have a good reason because I just spent fifteen minutes writing this crap to make you happy :-).

I'm tired. See ya.

-Mithrandir-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: