Akubra Federation for MK

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curious from 1Cust42.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on April 06, 2001 at 13:12:28:

In Reply to: I just ordered my Federation ( I hope it's not a Capt. Kirk hat) posted by MK on April 06, 2001 at 11:14:13:

I can't get over this hat. I have a Herbert Johnson and a couple of Peters Bros., and this Federation is right up there with them. Especially when you consider the price! (It costs half what a Stetson costs retail!) The ribbon is a little wider than the other two. The PB and HJ ribbons are both the same: just a hair shy of 1-1/2". The Akubra is 1-5/8".

If you don't like the stiffness of the Peters Bros., then you will like the Akubra. I'm not telling anyone to buy one, but for the money you can't go wrong. It is surprisingly well made and comfortable. Now I don't have to worry about what hat to wear if the weather looks bad.

Also, the Akubra seems to run a bit large, as Fedora and I posted below. But using his high-tech hat resizing technique, mine is now perfect.

Curious

: Just joking. We have only had two reviews and no photos yet (FEDORA!!!!?!?), but I did bit the bullet and place my order. At that price I can't lose. I do wish someone would step up to the plate and post a pic. The one on their site doesn't do it justice.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]