These guys're right....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupFF221.mpls.uswest.net on April 06, 2001 at 13:57:43:

In Reply to: Peter Bros. posted by Indy French on April 06, 2001 at 11:49:41:

I got my PB a couple days ago too, and when I first put it on I felt like Abe Lincoln. But after staring at the hat and comparing it to my other fedoras, I've come to the conclusion that it's the perfect height. Also, like one of the other guys said, watch 'Raiders' and you'll see that his hat was definitely AS tall.

One thing that might add to its appearance of insane tallness is something schwammy pointed out to me. When he saw my PB he asked if the ribbon was the correct width. I told him I hadn't measured it but I could only assume it was right, seeing as PB claims it's 1 1/2" wide. But when I measured the ribbon I found it to be a whole 1/8" thinner than the 1 1/2" authentic width.

I don't know if having a ribbon that's 1 3/8" wide makes any difference, but I can only assume it WOULD make the crown appear SLIGHTLY taller.

Austin Powers

P.S. Take some pictures of you wearing the hat, you'll be really pleased by how well this hat photographs. It actually looks like an Indy hat.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]