Re: Shape of Peters Bro. near perfection

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on April 06, 2001 at 15:23:48:

In Reply to: Peter Bros. posted by Indy French on April 06, 2001 at 11:49:41:

: Hey everyone,

: I have a question about the hats, specifically the Peter Bros. one. I received mine in the mail two days ago and freaked. Sure, it's a great hat and all, but it SEEMS really tall! I measured the crown and it came to 5"1/2 as it should have, but man it seems too tall. Maybe this is just me as I have been wearing shallow crowned Stetsons for many years.

: Any similar experiences with the PB?

I got mine yesterday. Unfortunately, I had to return it for a larger one. I didn't want to do it. I can only hope the next one is up to the same standards. In my opinion the shape was a dead ringer for the raiders hat. The following has all been said before, but hear goes anyway. The color was not as light as raiders, and the felt was stiff (unraiderlike), but that didn't bother me too much. The shade of brown is still nice. I think I'd rather have a stiffer hat any ways. In the making of raiders you can see Ford reshaping his hat throughout the whole thing. You can also see one of the stuntmen, Terry Leonard with his floppy hat all misshapen. Anyway, I'm looking forward to my replacement.
Cheers
p.s. We are all indebted to whoever found Peters Brothers! (Paterson?)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]