Re: Hey, Red Four, California Mike, and I were there last night.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from 209-162-49-186.thegrid.net on April 08, 2001 at 21:26:31:

In Reply to: Hey, Red Four, California Mike, and I were there last night. posted by Azuma on April 08, 2001 at 17:22:22:

: : ...I made it to the midnight show of "Last Crusade" in San Francisco.

: : I was surprised at the number of people (the host said 190 present), including the couple dressed as Ford and Alison Doody (both women, both 18, one was celebrating her birthday)

: : The crowd was great, cheering when Ford first appeared, hissing at the bad guys, and generally having a great time. We even had a pre-movie, er, contest, the two winners got either LC on VHS, or the LC novel. A bunch of people even started humming the 'Raiders March' as the lights dimmed.

: : This was a lot of fun. Now if only someone would screen 'Raiders' here in the SF Bay area.....

: : Take care, all. Time for bed.

Yes, I was there too, with my brother. It was cool meeting Azuma, Zack, and California Mike in person. Too bad we didn't get to meet you there too Banzai.

As to the contest at the start of the show, I would not be unhappy to hear that the contest guy had some sort of accident and lost the ability to speak. They made us wait until 10 after 12 to get in to the theater, then the contest went on until 1 am! Drove me crazy.

It was nice to see a good turnout for the film though. The audience did get into it, laughing at all the right parts, all that good stuff.

Thanks,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: