My New Finish Raiders Cowhide Wested has arrived!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Sam from 38.183.75.20 on April 09, 2001 at 10:56:03:

After an arduous and painful wait, my New finish Raiders Cowhide (with LC snap buttons) finally arrived on Saturday. Let me tell you
-it is a beautifully constructed jacket. I have heard about the legendary smell of the leather as one opens the bag. They were right - what an experience!! I was giddy as a school girl! As for the jacket itself, every stitch is perfect and the cowhide leather is buttery soft. The action pleats are fully functional and the new leather facings on the zipper and collar just add so much to an already gorgeous jacket. The leather on the inside pocket does indeed help hold the pocket in place. I gave Peter my exact specs for the jacket - and it fits like a glove - too good, perhaps. I could have worn a size bigger - but I'm hoping after a treatment of Pecards and some breaking-in, the jacket will fit a little better. Has anyone else experienced a little tightness with other Westeds?

And with all the recent controversy between the FS Expedition and Peter's jackets, I want to congratulate Peter on a splendid job!!! Top notch work!! Good show! I would certainly buy another jacket from him!!

The weather is supposed to be in the 80s today in Washington, DC - but I wore it to work anyway and I plan to wear it on all my adventures this summer!!

Take care,
Indiana Sam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: