My Story

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TSL from 206.229.50.105 on October 08, 1998 at 19:35:05:

In Reply to: Re: To Michaelson and other "old ones" here posted by Michaelson on October 08, 1998 at 09:21:48:

Everyone has their little story so here I go. I never saw Raiders or Temple of Doom in the theaters because I was a bit young at the time. The first time I saw Raiders was at my Aunts house in 1988 when I was 11. She had left the house to run some arrons and she left me at her house. I was told to watch TV and I could watch any of the videos in her collection. I saw Raiders and thought it looked interesting so I put it in. I was hooked like a fish. It was the greatest movie I had ever seen. I then put in Temple of doom and was totally hooked again. A year later Crusade came out and I saw that in the theaters. It blew me away.
That same year my father bought a video camera. He told me if I wanted to use the camera I'd have to ask him first. The next year it was the other way around. He would ask me for the camera. My first little movie I made was called Raiders of the lost Bark where I had to resque my dog from my evil darth Vader looking mother. From that day on I made other kinds of little movies(not Indy movies) but I've always tried to give the films the same kind of respect as the Indy movies. Now I am 19(almost 20) and have spent a ton of money on video/computer equipment. I plan to go to film school in NC and become the greatest director of all time(next to Speilberg). I have the talent and I live and breath this stuff. I've always liked Indy because of his style and his respectablity. He seems to be the last real action hero in a long time.
If I do become a great director I was all because of the Indy movies.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]