Thanks!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from 208-25-49-219.stk.inreach.net on April 10, 2001 at 06:38:48:

In Reply to: Holy horse! That jacket looks great! posted by Fall Guy on April 10, 2001 at 06:16:58:

The tag says; A GENUINE CALIFORNIAN, SELECTED HORSEHIDE, CALIFORNIA SPORSWEAR CO. -LOS ANGELES-

The color is an extremely dark brown. I might as well give a brief history of it. His first wife gave it to him in '49. He lived and worked all over the U.S. during the next ten years. He says this jacket went everywhere with him and he wore it every chance he got. (In 1959 I believe) She became ill and passed away. He hung it up and never wore it again, though he took it everywhere he lived since then, obviously. It had just been hanging in closets all those years.

I actually wore it as part of an Indy Halloween costume in '96. I've been wanting to post pics of it for a long time, I'm glad it sparked some interest!
See ya! DeWayne

: Man, was this thing in archival storage? It looks fantastic! Does that tag say who made this jacket? Is it black or a very dark brown?
: FG
: :
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: