Re: WIDESCREEN! WHERE?!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bordok from pc1044.public.htk.fi on October 09, 1998 at 01:35:03:

In Reply to: Re: WIDESCREEN! WHERE?! posted by Stormcrow on October 08, 1998 at 22:01:33:

: : : G'day everyone.

: : : I was just reading back on an old message (actually it was a bunch of follow-ups on Mithrandir's secret) and it appeared to me that for some reason that the Indy trilogy cannot be found in widescreen. I find this unusual as they sell them here at home.

: : : How available are the widescreen movies in other parts of the world?

: : : Rob (Aust.)
: : : ---

: : What's "Aust."? I know it's either Australia or Austria, but either I don't know enough about you or I'm just plain stupid. In any case, as far as Australia is concerned, I read in a previous post that the widescreen Indys in Australia aren't compatible with American VCRs. @$#%^&**^$@@&^&*. How do you like them?

: : -Stormcrow-

: Didn't answer your question, did I? As far as I know, they're only available widescreen in Australia. But, if you go to http://www.widescreencinema.com/letterbox, it shows widescreen shots of Raiders with the caption that it's letterboxed on video. Guess they're talking about Down Under.
: -Stormcrow-

Someone just emailed me that he had found a special collector's edition of the Indy trilogy (widescreen). I'll try to find the message in my mail box...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]