But even a 'bad' Indy film is better than a lot of stuff on TV. :) (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Banzai from host-208.jud.ca.gov on April 10, 2001 at 10:32:55:

In Reply to: Just another reason I can't stand to watch TOD (nm) posted by MK on April 10, 2001 at 09:34:02:

: : Ok, so I was thinking this morning about TOD, trying to keep from thinking about work when I suddenly realize that the film has a rather silly (and completely unimportant but worth noting anyway) little glitch.

: : Indy yells, "Shorty! Grab out stuff!" right before they bail out of the plane. Then there's the whole raft bit and then the village, the elephant ride, campout... etc.

: : Anyway, has anyone tried to keep track of "their stuff" during these shenanigans? I don't think I ever see their suitcases until the elephant wranglers dump them in the path before running away. After that, I don't think they appear until the fight in Indy's room with the ceiling fan. Now, I haven't watched yet to confirm this and I am only speaking from recollection, and admittedly I have not been an avid "luggage watcher" in this film ever, so I could be missing them in every shot for lack of attention.

: : OK, final problem regarding their "stuff." This suitcase, duffle bag, or whatever it is goes falling into a white water river, get's tossed all around and thrown to the ground by the retreating villagers before Indy ever reached Pangkot (sp?). Now it's little wonder after all this why Indy cannot find his razor, but why is his "professor" outfit all nice and neat? Shouldn't it be rumpled, damp, and possibly starting to mildew? One might argue that the servants at Pangkot cleaned and pressed it for him. But if they could do that, wouldn't they also have been able to find him a razor to shave with?!

: : Stupid thoughts, but I thought I'd post them anyway to see what you guys think.

: : Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]