OFF TOPIC -- Tom Green

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from udialup149.mpls.uswest.net on April 10, 2001 at 14:37:01:

Is it just me, or is this Tom Green guy TOTALLY UNFUNNY? I mean his MTV show is full of skits that are basically the same. He goes up to someone with a microphone, and either rubs the mic on their face or licks their hair. How is this funny?

And now the bastard has his own movie! And the clips all look the same too. Just blatantly moronic crap that ANYONE could do. There are HUNDREDS of comedians out there that're actually FUNNY, yet most never get the kind of breaks that this dumbass's gotten.

Regardless of whether his movie tanks, which I HOPE it does, he'll still get paid upwards of a million dollars just for having made it.
Maybe I'm just sick of this whole "instant-celebrity" society we've seen lately. Just look at the dozens of 'Survivor' losers who're trying to get a free showbiz career. And look at that horse's ass Monica Lewinsky. The chick bangs her head underneath the Presidential desk a couple of times and now she's a millionaire with dozens of job offers pouring her way? I don't get it. What happened to working hard and having ACTUAL TALENT? God bless America.

Austin Powers

P.S. My rant about the 'Survivor' losers was aimed at everyone except that Colleen chick....I mean to quote Joey Lawrence...."Woah!"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]