This Is Confusing, But Here Goes...(Ending Included)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jake from host-216-78-21-59.cae.bellsouth.net on April 10, 2001 at 17:35:14:

In Reply to: TOD for Nintendo posted by Indyfan82 on April 10, 2001 at 09:35:21:

I've beat it, but it was a long time ago- (the summer when Last Crusade came out)- but I'll try to help you anyway. First off, you really just have to get used to the game's layout and then develop a strategy to finish it. (Because you're going to have to locate the Warp tunnels*, and memorize where each one takes you.)

You also need to collect the Map Pieces* that will show the location of the Idol*, because the Idol's location is random each time. (I don't remember why you need the Idol, but I think it lets you Warp.)

[*I'm assuming you have the manual and know what the hell I'm talking about!]

BUT, the way I finally beat it was to just memorize one or two of the Idol's random locations (there aren't that many) and if it wasn't at either of them, I would restart the game. This keeps you from having to worry about collecting the Map Pieces and it's not as tedious as it sounds. (The Map is essentially worthless anyway, because it's only onscreen briefly when complete!)

After all of that nonsense, you need to Warp to the Temple of Doom. You'll have to cross a lake of lava on demon heads that pop up. At the other side are the Sankara Stones at the base of a giant statue of Kali. You exit the Temple and eventually come to a room that is like a Warp chamber, but only has one real exit. (The other doors take you back to earlier stages of the game- and it's really fun, as you can imagine.)

After you exit the chamber, you come upon the Rope Bridge. Run out onto the Bridge and use your sword, (anywhere is fine, you won't be on it long.) The screen changes to a vertical bridge, with Mola Ram climbing up the bridge ahead of you. You must quickly climb up and catch him before he reaches the top. After he falls, you continue climbing and reach the top of the cliff where you stand with Willie and Short Round. If I remember correctly it prints up something like "Congratulations", but that is basically it. Not much of an ending, although I did play through it a second time just to get to play the Rope Bridge part again.

Hope this helps,
Jake

PS. I still have the manual if you have any other questions about the gameplay.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]