Model suggestion

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em3_486.utsi.edu on January 07, 1998 at 12:03:09:

I've been monitoring some of the messages over the last couple of days, and saw (I believe) someone looking for a standing Indy model. I was reminded of a Revell model kit I saw some years back of a 12" Indiana Jones model kit of Indy swinging his bullwhip, and like a dummy, either because of lack of attention, or more likely, money, didn't purchase the kit. I have never seen it since. I just got off the phone with the Revell company, and they told me they didn't remember this kit, but then it had to be in the early 80's, and therefore would not be on the catalog, but expressed interest in such a kit, and documented my suggestion as something to consider as an offering. I believe licensing would not be a problem, since they offer the official licensed Star Wars figure kits, so therefore should receive Lucas's blessings with little problem. Micah, I also gave them the address of this webpage, and they plan to look at it and the marketing possibilities. My point is, as has been stated before, unless the marketing people of these companies are aware of our existance, there will be no products for us to look at, as our comrades in arms of the Star Wars group have, unless WE contact these folks and tell them we're here! Keep asking these questions, and suggest things we'd like to see that we would go out and buy. They are out there to support our needs, but can't unless we let them know we're out here. Tell them about this page. Revell's customer rep was interested, and I believe will look at what we have to say through this forum, but only if we are active in the pursuit, and not just spectators. Regards.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]