I know what you mean, but....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 29yr.old Indy from A010-1330.LAUR.splitrock.net on April 10, 2001 at 22:42:11:

In Reply to: gloves posted by schwammy on April 10, 2001 at 18:43:26:

: I went to Home Depot for the Wells Lamont 1130s and couldn't find any.
: I won't get into why in #&!! I'm looking for gloves in April --
: I don't understand this obsession myself. Anyway, I picked out a pair that look like what I saw in Raiders -- nice deerskin work gloves made by some company called "Hand Master." I like 'em a lot; they're
: tan, elastic at the wrist, look just right and feel great.
: A couple days later I went to another hardware store and they actually had 1130s, but I looked them over and decided Ididn't like them as much as the ones I bought. The 1130s I saw are almost white, no elastic, really plain, and I think the other ones look more accurate. What gets me, though, is that I practically had to FORCE myself to think, "Forget what the website says; buy something you LIKE." Am I losing my freedom of choice? My ability to think for myself? What have I become?
: Anyway, if anybody cares, the style number is TB1640ET.
: the end

: I have the 1130's. After a little wear and tear, they look just like the gloves in the movie- a greyish-brown color. I still have'nt seen the 1123's (the so called actual gloves worn in ROTLA) anywhere in stores, but, like you, I'm satisfied with what I bought! Cheers! -(still) 29yr.old Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]